- NEXT CLASS ON THE BASICS OF RAISING BACKYARD CHICKENS IN THE SUBURBS IS SOMETIME IN THE FALL-DATE TBD
Camden County Chickens Presents:
The Basics of Raising Backyard Chickens in the Suburbs
CLASSES ARE USUALLY HELD AT:
- Camden County Environmental Center
- 1301 Park Boulevard (between Grove Street and Kings Highway)
- Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- (MapQuest or GPS: Look for Camden County Parks Dept.) WARNING: Do not put the address in your GPS, it will take you to the county boathouse 2 miles away!
- Times and locations do vary. Classes are usually held twice a year but Private lessons may be arranged at a slightly higher cost.
- Have you ever considered raising chickens in your backyard?
- Gwenne Baile, Chair, Camden County Chickens and Chair, Haddon Township’s Backyard Chicken Pilot Advisory Board will teach you how easy and rewarding it is to raise a backyard flock. Learn everything from choosing the right chicks, setting up a coop, and keeping them happy and healthy year-round. Rosebud, her Therapy Chicken, will be joining us! She will briefly discuss various chicken ordinances in Camden County and surrounding areas. This class is mandatory for most towns where there are new ordinances or pilot programs. It would also be good for residents of other towns to attend the class since other towns looking into modifying their existing ordinances are generally requiring attendance at a class.
- Come and ask your most pressing questions whether you are thinking about getting started or if you want to see if chickens are right for you and your family.
- The class will run approximately 2 ½ hours with plenty of time for questions.
- It will be a great time to find others from your town and form groups to help you get a few backyard hens legalized in your town. Already have a couple hens? Join in the discussion and support your neighbors.
- Space is limited and pre-registration is strongly recommended.
- The class fee of $10 per person is requested at time of registration.
- For more information, call 856-858-6644 or cell (856-816-8508) or email Gwenne Baile at firstname.lastname@example.org.